Laura's Tips for a healthy living
In order to be successful on the Magic Muffin Diet™, you need to be commited to achieving the personal goals you set for yourself.
Living a healthy lifestyle during the program and after is a key factor in keeping the weight off.
Below are some tips and hints for a healthy lifestyle.
1. Don't keep junk food in the house. You cannot eat what isn't there.
2. Keep a food journal and track your weight. Review it every evening.
3. Visualize what the scale reading will be if you do not pick up that snack.
4. Practice HALT – an acronym for the advice - Don't let yourself get too : Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. When you are in one of those places you are more likely to give in to temptation.
5. Brush your teeth. You won't want to ruin the fresh taste in your mouth by snacking.
6. Keep a tangible reminder of your desire to lose weight. Picture on the refrigerator, etc.
7. Drink water or diet soda instead of snacking.
8. Move – not only will you not be eating, but you will also be burning calories. Go for a walk.
9. Do something for someone else. Instead of snacking, occupy your time by writing a "just thinking of you" note, making an encouraging phone call or making something for someone.
Source: Tips and Hints to a Healthy Lifestyle By Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) | Published 06/20/2007 | Health & Wellness